Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Softcopy Photogrammetry Pricing

It's rare to see any publicity at all around photogrammetry software pricing, so I was surprised to see this post from the All Points Blog:


"I saw a quick demo of Intergraph’s ImageStation which provides image analysts the ability to view in stereo. Intergraph has provided a solution for softcopy photogrammetry for many years. What is different however is the price point. The combination of stereo glasses, a video card using OpenGL technology, a single high-resolution monitor and software will cost under $10K. In the early days of Intergraph's Z/I Imaging softcopy photogrammetry solutions, the price exceeded $100K."

In general I think there has been a downward pricing trend over the past several years, but I also suspect that all the major vendors have "modular" pricing. I doubt the $10K price quoted above would be a full seat (e.g. full range of capabilities) of ImageStation - but if it does it would certainly be a competitive price... It will be interesting to see if and how pricing models evolve as various vendors (hopefully) shift away legacy desktop systems to SaaS and other approaches.

No comments: